PLM's electric and solar solutions pave the way in alternative energy for refrigerated transportation. We offer:
- On-site consulting for facility and refrigerated trailers leveraging alternative energy
- Programs designed to transition your business to clean energy
- PLM is an approved dealer of the California Clean Air Off Road Equipment program and has worked with lease customers to reserve almost $6 million of vouchers to bring zero emission TRUs into California fleet operations.
Truck and refrigerated trailer idling can waste up to 1 billion gallons of gas annually.
PLM Fleet® puts the latest in zero-technology refrigeration on the road with risk-free leasing, distributed energy site solutions and complete services support.
- All Electric TRU by Advanced Energy Machines [AEM]
- 30+ hour lithium batteries
- Weight neutral when compared to traditional TRU
- Momentum wheel generator; harness excess power from braking
- Single and multi-temp applications, all trailer body OEMs
- 40volt DC / 2.4watt non-arc low risk charging / safe human interface
- Full charge in 8 hours
- Minimal maintenance; 3000 hours brushes cleaned & solar panels washed
The California Air Resources Board (CARB) is imposing zero-emission requirements on TRUs sold or operated in California by December 31, 2029. PLM can help you meet this deadline, but leasing now. Our zero emission refrigerated trailers use a high-efficiency refrigeration system powered by roof-mounted solar photovoltaic panels, a wheel-momentum generator, lithium-ion batteries, and a unique auxiliary power unit to eliminate the requirement for diesel fuel to power the refrigeration system and are available now.
Photo Credit: Sean Sumlin, Courtesy of UNFI
Your energy infrastructure should work best to serve your organizational needs. That's why PLM partnered with GridMarket LLC, a powerful project partner maximizing project benefits to provide efficient, profitable energy ecosystem solutions for refrigerated warehouses and distribution centers.
- Data driven approach to optimized project planning and integration
- Alternative energy site solutions - power your facility for less
- Identify applicable grants and program funding
- Provide project plan, cost and revenue information with implementation resources
Test and trial trailers available; zero emission TRU deployed on your routes
- Choose from 28, 38, 48 or 53ft trailers, charging units included
- Personalized training and support structure
- Remote temperature and operations management with ColdLink
- Complete site evaluation for infrastructure
- Reservations available, ask about pricing and recommended trial periods
*currently available in California, Arizona and Oregon